- Delft: Technische Universiteit Delft
- Eindhoven: Technische Universiteit Eindhoven
- Enschede: Universiteit
inactive: contact one of the student activities officers if you want to restart this branch
- Lasers and Electro-Optics SB Chapter
- Antwerpen: University College of Antwerp Currently inactive: contact one of the student activities officers if you want to restart this branch
- Gent: Universiteit Gent
- Leuven: Katholieke Universiteit Leuven
- Women in Engineering SB Affinity Group
- PES student chapter
- Liège: Université de Liège
- Louvain-la-Neuve: Université catholique de Louvain
Student Branch SupportThe rules for the allocation of financial support by the Section to Student Branch Activities can be found here.
Student Activities Officers
- Student Activities Coordinator: D. (Dirk) Van Hertem, KU Leuven
- Student Representative: C.J. (Lieneke) Kusters, TU Eindhoven
- Region 8 Student Activities Committee
- Region 8 Student Branches
- Student Branch FAQs
- Student Branch Forms
- For information on establishing an IEEE Student Branch, including guidelines and a petition form.
- For information on establishing an IEEE Student Branch Chapter of technical Societies.
- For information on establishing an IEEE Student Branch Affinity Group of Women in Engineering (WIE)s.
- For reporting forms required annually from Student Branches: the Annual Plan Form, the Annual Report Form, the branch officer reporting forms.
- For all these topics On-line information and reporting is available on the Student Concourse pages of IEEE.
- What's New @ IEEE for Students
GOLD ProgramIf you are an IEEE member who graduated with your first professional degree within the last ten years, you are automatically part of IEEE GOLD!
IEEE Student members who graduate and are elevated to full IEEE membership, will automatically receive a one-year discount of 50% off of the full higher grade IEEE and Society membership dues rates upon renewal. The offer is available once to IEEE Student members upon their graduation and elevation to full higher IEEE membership. The discount is available to all IEEE Student members graduating with an undergraduate or graduate degree.
IEEE Student members who previously graduated with a Bachelors degree and received a discount upon their elevation to full IEEE member grade, would not be eligible to receive the 50% discount again if they returned to school and completed an advanced degree program.